Auto gen start [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Fri May 12 14:46:18 PDT 2006

Jay,

Thanks for that info. I checked with a new Mate I have here and that is
indeed the case.

<< The AGS mode in the mate has lots of parameters including quiet time. >>
Jay

For my education - you said to use a 12v relay (which I understand is
usually used so the Aux dry contacts on the OB do not want to see any
current) then you say "but the Kohler is ground started". Does this but mean
that we really don't need the 12v relay in this start circuit because there
is no current? I'm unclear as to the necessity of the 12v relay in this
case. DP

<< You will only need a 12v relay as the contacts from the FX are 12
powered, but the Kohler is ground started.  So just connect the relay
to close on command from the aux relay and hook up the NO contacts to
the genny and you are set to go. >> Jay

jay

peltz power
On May 12, 2006, at 5:48 AM, David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light
wrote:

> What part(s) do I need to add to a basic Out Back off grid pv
> system for
> automatic gen start/stop? Must include a clock prohibiting gen run
> during
> overnight (the old Trace SW quiet time).
>
> Client just received a brand new two wire start Kohler LP 8.5k
> (8.5RES)generator. As far as I can see the OB FX2524T and Mate do
> not have a
> quiet time in their program.
>
> Would any of the after market gen control products help with this?
> Such as
> Solar Converters GS2, or GSCM's control module?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Dave

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com