Blades / was tower vibration [RE-wrenches]

Kirk Herander kirk at vtsolar.com
Sun Apr 30 14:47:31 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaeKAPbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Blade 1: 430 grams (15.3 oz)
Blade 2: 450 grams (16.1 oz)
Blade 3: 545 grams (19.5 oz)

Blade 3 is 20% heavier than the other two.

Kirk Herander
Vermont Solar Engineering
802.863.1202
fax 802.863-7908
NABCEP(tm) Certified Solar PV Installer
Xantrex Certified Dealer Charter Member
NYSERDA-eligible installer
VT Solar and Wind Partner

Kirk
what is the total weight of the blade?  I am surprized
that as little as 3.5 OZ would cause such a large
vibration?

--- Kirk Herander <kirk at vtsolar.com> wrote:

> One of the blades is 3.5 oz. heavier than the other
> two. The blades
> appear to be in good shape w/ no balancing weights
> thrown off and no
> sign of cracking or water damage (these are wooden
> blades). Hard for me
> to believe they weren't imbalanced from day one. Go
> figure.
>
> Kirk Herander
> Vermont Solar Engineering
> 802.863.1202
> fax 802.863-7908
> NABCEP(tm) Certified Solar PV Installer
> Xantrex Certified Dealer Charter Member
> NYSERDA-eligible installer
> VT Solar and Wind Partner

See the hottest games before your friends! Sign up with Ubisoft,
and you'll get access to exclusive game news, contests, promotions,
community forums, and more. It's easy, free, and secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaeKA9bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Ubisoft

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com