proper inverter [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 21:46:03 PST 2006

Thanks Bill and William
The owner does not know the module brand, nor does any
of the paper work he has state.  The roof is high and
all I could reach was the bottom row. I could not see
any labels.  With out a better look I would be
guessing, (I think Kyocera).   I will rent either a 48
or 52' extension ladder and hope when I do the job.  I
think my best bet is to wire them into two sub arrays
of 325 Volts OC.  When it gets cold in MN this is up
north, I might see 400 Voc.  When it gets hot, ambient
+ 20C or 20% loss in voltage so Vmp will be about 250
volts in the summer.

Bill mentiioned the Outback Combiner box, with just
two arrays could I not use a 600 volt fused
disconnect? then How would I find 10 or 12 amp fuses
in standard form? ( guess I will stick with the
Outback)

I do not know how the collectors got up there, but
there is almost no room underneath.

For an inverter I am thinking the Fronius 4000.
Anyone have experiance with this inverter?  I have a
3840 nameplate watts (I think) array at STC, but my
125% brightness and my 125% cold weather would I be
pushing it?  (My amps seem to be in range) (BTW I do
not feel confortable using manufacture's charts.
Based on one experiance where the chart seems to be
wrong.)

Thanks Darryl