Positive ground with batteries? [RE-wrenches]

Phil Undercuffler p.undercuffler at conergy.us
Fri Mar 17 16:38:29 PST 2006

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaexd6bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Dealix

Christopher,

I thought that, although the FX and MX are not sensitive to
positive/negative bond issues, the Hub certainly is--at least, that is what
I've been told by your tech department.  According to Steve H, the moment a
Hub is connected to two inverters in a positive grounded system, the magic
smoke portal opens.  Who should I believe?

If the Hub is the limiting factor, this eliminates any positive grounded
systems greater than one inverter, and the inability to communicate with the
MX60 would be a limitation for a grid tied system.

Also, regarding color coding, the bonded (positive) conductor would need to
be white, gray or be marked with ribs or stripes.  The negative (unbonded,
and connected to the breaker) could be any color under the rainbow other
than green or yellow/green, including good old fashioned black.

Phil U

Please note new phone extensions

Phil Undercuffler
Technical Service Manger, ext. 0741