Zomeworks [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Fri Feb 17 22:45:46 PST 2006

First Month Free! Save up to 50% on your phone bill.
Free Activation, Free Equipment! Packet8
30-day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaer6nbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Wrenches:

I need to correct a statement I made in the original post below:  The quote
was not written, rather it was a verbal quote from a salesperson employed
by the manufacturer shortly before the order was placed.  This should
satisfy the manufacturer's suggestion below:

>We always recommend giving Zomeworks a call if you have any questions
>before placing an order.

The phone call directly to the manufacturer and a verbal quotation should
be as good as a written quotation.  The message below from the manufacturer
smells a bit like corporate doublespeak and is not a satisfactory
explanation.  We have pursued this as much as we have stomach for.  The
order has been transferred to Wattsun.  We are willing to give their
product another try.  We will report back to the Wrenches forum with any
additional feedback we feel might be beneficial to the group.  In the
meantime, be cautious in dealing with Zomeworks.

If the folks at Zomeworks want our business they can call me at
805-438-5600 and explain why they failed to honor their quotation.  Allan,
thanks for forwarding this to Zomeworks.

William Miller

At 11:08 AM 1/24/2006, you wrote:

>Wrenches,
>As a courtesy to this list and process, I forwarded the two (William's and
>Barbra's) posts about Zomeworks trackers to customer support at Zomeworks,
>with an offer to post their reply. That reply is here. This is a neutral
>action; we use their products rarely.
>Allan at Positive Energy
>
>Re: Wrenches
>Zomeworks is not aware of a recent situation where a written quote was not
>honored.  Zomeworks might notifiy a potential customer that a product isn't
>suited for installation in a particular installation. That is not the same
>as saying it "won't work". We would like to receive a copy of the quote
>mentioned. We customarily fax a written confirmation of price and model for
>every order we receive.
>
>Prices were increased in early 2005 and again at the first of this year
>(2006), each time in response to cost increases of nearly all the raw
>materials used in the manufacture of our products. In the past we have been
>able to go several years without an increase, but we have no control over
>the cost of raw materials. No prices have increased by $300 and then $300
>dollars again recently.  This must be a misunderstanding.
>
>We have recently updated our matrices listing our tracking and fixed mounts
>and have added information about wind loading, installation, spacing and
>more.  We have also included the newest modules - which rack is right for
>the number of modules and which modules require extra rail sets.  Since
>module mounting hole spacing and new modules change more quickly than we can
>repring matrices, we will attempt to keep our information current on the
>web.
>
>  In the last six months we have had an engineer look at our design and make
>suggestions.  Some of these are reflected in the new pricing where we are
>requiring heavy duty rails, for instance, in some situations.  A heavy duty
>rail set will increase the cost of the rack.
>
>We appreciate the business of our customers and we also welcome suggestions.
>We make improvements from time to time. Please note that prices are subject
>to change and some customers take a while to make up their minds.  We always
>recommend giving Zomeworks a call if you have any questions before placing
>an order.
>
>We hope this answers some of the questions recently raised. Let us know.
>
>Zomeworks Corporation
>Customer Support

Small Business Virtual Office VoIP Phone System. Big
Business Functionality for a Small Business Telephone
price. Packet8 Business Sales 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaer6Fbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com