Design Challenge (Was Sunny Island Experience?) [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 4 21:07:35 PST 2006

<x-flowed>
Hey Jay,

Thanks for that,  However you said grid-tied version - did you mean
the SB or in a grid-tied system?.  This is off-grid.  No utility on
the other side of that isolation relay!.  Still work?

Thanks again!

Jeff

>Hi Jeff,
>
>I have talked to J. Berdner at SMA, and Chris F. at Outback  and
>there is no problem with using the Sunny Boy into the Outbacks.
>Should work with any grid tie version, but the folks at SMA can work
>with you to tweek some of the settings so the line tie inverters
>don't trip off line unnecessarily.
>( I've looked into this for a similar project)
>
>The only problem would occur if the batteries were full and there
>was nowhere for the power to go.
>To get around this use some solid state relays, controlled via the
>VFX's to shut off the SB's if the battereis get too full.
>
>Given that you are now at 500v from the array, better to move the
>inverters to where you want them.
>
>Good luck,
>
>jay
>
>peltz power
>
>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Shopping for a new car?Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your
>choice.Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
>http://click.topica.com/caaerMmbz8Qcsa9hBZif/Dealix
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & how to change your email address:
>www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design Associates
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village
http://www.villagepower.com
gosolar at villagepower.com

530-470-9166
877-SOLARVillage