Design Challenge (Was Sunny Island Experience?) [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Sat Feb 4 15:58:23 PST 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaerelbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Hi Jeff,

I have talked to J. Berdner at SMA, and Chris F. at Outback  and
there is no problem with using the Sunny Boy into the Outbacks.
Should work with any grid tie version, but the folks at SMA can work
with you to tweek some of the settings so the line tie inverters
don't trip off line unnecessarily.
( I've looked into this for a similar project)

The only problem would occur if the batteries were full and there was
nowhere for the power to go.
To get around this use some solid state relays, controlled via the
VFX's to shut off the SB's if the battereis get too full.

Given that you are now at 500v from the array, better to move the
inverters to where you want them.

Good luck,

jay

peltz power

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaerMmbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Dealix

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com