calculation [RE-Wrenches] [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Wed Jan 18 18:21:20 PST 2006

Jumpstart your love life at AmericanSinglesR.com.
Meet someone in your area today. Millions of member profiles.
Create a profile, post photos and search for free.
http://click.topica.com/caaemrrbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Spark Network

So are you guys talking about putting a second set of wires on the load
side of the meter socket or taping the wires in the "meter main combo"
between the meter and main circuit breaker? Sometimes these are  bus
bars and not cables which would make connections difficult.

Todd

John Berdner wrote:

>Keith:
>
>I echo Mark's recommendation below.
>It is allowed by code and is cost effective.
>It is what I did at my own home.
>I placed a tap on the service cables just above the main terminals of
>the service panel
>I would add that this does require working on hot conductors.
>Qualified personnel certainly applies here.
>
>Another point sometimes missed is that you will need an over current
>device near the service panel.
>Make sure you meet the Code requirements for the Tap rule.
>This is normally not a big deal since a "totally unnecessary, doubly
>redundant, visible blade, AC disconnect" is normally required by the
>utility.
>The cost differential between a fused and unfused disconnect is small.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>John Berdner

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaemrqbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Dealix

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com