calculation [RE-Wrenches] [RE-wrenches]

John Berdner jberdner at sma-america.com
Wed Jan 18 17:27:46 PST 2006

Jumpstart your love life at AmericanSinglesR.com.
Meet someone in your area today. Millions of member profiles.
Create a profile, post photos and search for free.
http://click.topica.com/caaemrrbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Spark Network

Keith:

I echo Mark's recommendation below.
It is allowed by code and is cost effective.
It is what I did at my own home.
I placed a tap on the service cables just above the main terminals of
the service panel
I would add that this does require working on hot conductors.
Qualified personnel certainly applies here.

Another point sometimes missed is that you will need an over current
device near the service panel.
Make sure you meet the Code requirements for the Tap rule.
This is normally not a big deal since a "totally unnecessary, doubly
redundant, visible blade, AC disconnect" is normally required by the
utility.
The cost differential between a fused and unfused disconnect is small.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

Keith,

"They are eager to not upgrade to 325 amps, and I know the limitations
outlined, Per NEC- 690.64 B 2 exception regarding the busbar rating."

Connect the PV system to the supply side of the main disconnect per
690.64(A), using a fused AC disconnect.

Mark
Cobalt Power Systems, Inc.

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaemrqbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Dealix

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com