Trillium 5kw WInd Turbine [RE-wrenches]

John Berdner jberdner at sma-america.com
Tue Jan 17 15:00:31 PST 2006

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaemrqbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Elina Manevich

John:

The Windy Boy and Sunny Boy both use the same hardware platforms.
The difference between the two is programming.
That being said, the inverter does need to be programmed to match the
turbine characteristics.
The main thing we need to do is characterize the wind speed to output
voltage and power.
You need to collect data on a flyting turbine or run one on a test
bench to characterize it.
This is why we normally work directly with the turbine manufacturers in
Windy Boy projects.
To the best of my knowlege, this procedure has not been done yet for
the Trillium machnine.
I would not receommend using the inverter in a wind application until
it has been properly matched to the turbine.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

>Wrenches,
>
>Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the 5 kw Trillium
wind
>turbine. I have a customer looking to buy one. It is probably Chinese
and
>imported by a Canadian company. Supposedly it can be grid-tied with a
Windy Boy
>SB6000. Also, are the Windy Boy and Sunny Boy actually the same
inverter
>with different programming or same programming?
>
>Any information would be helpful.
>
>John Blittersdorf
>NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
>Central Vermont Solar & Wind, Inc.
>104 river Street
>Rutland, VT 05701
>
>802-747-0577
>802-773-0924 fax
>802-770-8625 cell
>_www.cvsolar.com_ (http://www.cvsolar.com/)

Jumpstart your love life at AmericanSinglesR.com.
Meet someone in your area today. Millions of member profiles.
Create a profile, post photos and search for free.
http://click.topica.com/caaemrrbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Spark Network

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com