!RE: Service Call Reimbursement [RE-wrenches]

Barbra Kerr bkerr at energy-exchange.org
Fri Jan 6 04:30:42 PST 2006

Joel, Ezra -

I agree that there are ways the installers can overcome the shortcomings of
the various manufacturer's lack of reimbursement for service calls, but it
isn't right the right thing to do.

We have an emerging industry where some buyers are still overcoming the
"this really works" mentality and we want to let the prospective buyers'
market know that they may be guinea pigs on top of that.  Not me.  I don't
know about any other dealer/installer out there, but I sell confidence and
integrity - not hardware.

The industry has seen double digit hardware price increases, both last year
and this year as module pricing became level worldwide. The proposal that we
now want to increases cost even more to the end-user, and more importantly
to shift the responsibility way from the manufacturer even more.  It seems
like a dis-incentive to the manufacturers to keep QC high.

Barbra K. Kerr
President
Kerr Enterprises, Inc
PO Box 1992