!RE: Service Call Reimbursement [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 5 18:06:50 PST 2006

<x-flowed>
Hello Ezra,
Well said. Some vendors pay for shipping their failed parts back and forth.
We have to keep in mind that manufacturers often release products that are
not ready for prime time. Fortunately, PV system designers and customers are
willing to take reasonable risks to be, what amounts to, beta testers. So
it's reasonable, in turn, for manufacturers to pay for test failures. But,
as you say, customers have to be told up-front that they are getting what is
believed to be the latest and greatest product and they are only the (fill
in the number) customer to get this product. Some customers will say, "Wow!
I really want to be among the first." Others will say, "Ow! Give me
something tried and true."
Joel Davidson