Paralleling Battery Banks [RE-wrenches]

Walt Ratterman wratterman at SunEnergyPower.com
Tue Dec 26 16:01:39 PST 2006

Quick Question:

We have a remote situation, where we have two sets of 48V "Batteries"
comprised of 24-2V cells each, to be part of an Outback Power system.
We are running two sets of 4/0 home run cables back to the inverter.
One set will be from each of the two 48V battery banks.

Normally, we would parallel the two batteries at the battery location
(as well as having them paralleled where the homerun cables come into
the inverter).

We are facing a situation where we may be short on battery cables.  Do
you see any particular problem in leaving off the paralleling cables at
the battery bank, and having the paralleling done only where the homerun
cables come together in the Inverter enclosure?

Thanks,

Walt Ratterman
Rwanda

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com