Solar Design Studio Software Problems[RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Thu Nov 30 08:52:55 PST 2006

As Michael Welch will be the first to confirm, I am no expert on setting up computer systems and never seem to be able to access my profile without his help when its time to update.   However, having said that I am wondering is any of you are using the SOlar Design Studio by Maui Software and if you had any problems setting it up.

We have been having endless problems getting the software to load as we cannot get past the software protection and password issues.   We have contacted Maui Software numerious times and all we receive is more password hoops to jump through.  Having developed software back in the early DOS and Fortran days, I understand the need to reduce software theft, but so far they have sent me emails referring to needing a "Purchase Key" , a "Product ID" , a "Product Key" , a "User Name" , then I will get a "Password" after I send them the serial number for my hard drive.

After several more days of back and forth emails we finally received what we were told was the correct combination of secret decoder ring settings to install the program, only to find it will not actually run due to a run-time error which states "we do not have the approate license to run this function".

When I reported this problem to Maui Software their only help was to suggest that maybe we should buy another computer!    Since our computers are state-of-the-art, I would like to know what your experience has been with this software product and if I am the only one having these kinds of problems?   Also, any real help would be appreciated as I clearly am not getting that from them.

Jeff Yago
Dunimis Technology Inc.

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

- - - -