Atkinson GSCM-mini [RE-wrenches]

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Wed Nov 29 21:27:01 PST 2006

I'm preparing to automate an Onan "3-wire start" propane generator using
an Outback Mate for the decision making (cringe). I cringe because my
prior genset automation efforts have yielded frequent call-backs, but
that's another story. To translate the 12v Outback signal into the
appropriate start/stop signals for the genset, I'm considering the
Atkinson GCSM or GCSM-mini. Can anyone share their thoughts on either
unit? I'm leaning toward the mini b/c I want the Mate to do all the
deciding and simply need a signal converter module. One of my wholesale
vendors sells the full GCSM unit but not the Mini. My other usual
suppliers don't show either version. Red flags, or am I just not looking
in the right places? Thank you, List Members for the always courteous &
professional atmosphere.

Mick Abraham
Abraham Solar Equipment
Pagosa Springs, CO