Secure modules [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at cheqnet.net
Wed Nov 22 07:12:37 PST 2006

Greetings all,

I do mostly remote, off-grid systems usually top of pole mounted.  I'm
interested in getting more secure with my mounting method of using the
1/4 inch hex head stainless steel nuts/bolts Direct Power and Water
sends out with their racks.

I went to Fastenal and they do have 1/4 inch button head bolts with a
smooth round head and a 'hex' hole recessed in it that takes a special
bit for a drill/driver.  I imagine using nylocks to make it all but
impossible to get the bolts loose without the special bit (or perhaps
blue threadlock?).

I can order these bolts and SS nylocks from Fastenal for about 67 bucks
a hundred count, but decided to 'tap' the big info resource first.

Thanks for any thoughts on the subject -- Kurt

Kurt Nelson
PO Box 309
Cornucopia, WI 54827
715-742-3406