Equalizers (secret pot) [RE-wrenches]

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at Third-Sun.Com
Thu Aug 24 06:20:28 PDT 2006

More on the EQ/Balancer saga....

After boldly claiming to the list that we have had success with a solar
converters unit in "battery balance" mode, and hearing from many of
problems, we got a call from a customer with excessive watering on 1/2 their
bank... turns out the equalized wasn't doing it's job.  Internal fuses
fine... Finally Solar Converters let us know that there is a calibration pot
on the board, and with an accurate power supply, it adjusts the voltage of
the unit.  Took the unit to the shop, put 24VDC on the high side and got
10VDC out!  Adjustment and re-installation and functioning fine...

SO FYI Brother and Sister Wrenches (and it ain't in the manual cause "they
always leave the factory just right") - you all know where the secret pot is
hidden.

For a brighter energy future,

Geoff Greenfield
NABCEP Certified Energy Practitioner