solar average cost [RE-wrenches]

bill roush billroush at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 08:54:27 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

I can't think of a better group to ask the following questions. We
are trying to let our clients (mostly utilities and states) know
budgetary costs for these. I know there is no average installation,
but hey, I have to put a number in the cell. It might as well be as
good as we can make it. I have a situation where I have to put a
number in a cell (spreadsheet) for;

cost of an 'average' SDHW system - residential (listed as 1 kW equal)

high(er?) cost per kW of a 4kW residential PV system (I get to use a
range in res. and comm. PV)
low(er?) cost per kW of an 18 kW residential PV

high(er?) cost per kW of a 20 kW commercial PV
low(er?) cost per kW of a 50 kW commercial system

I am not going to tie any company or any person to any numbers, but I
would REALLY appreciate your real world feedback. Thanks.

--
Best,
Bill Roush, Black & Veatch Renewables
billroush at gmail.com