Makita Lithium Ion battery tools WAS: Favorite tool [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar bill_loesch at compuserve.com
Tue May 9 03:10:43 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaeKAPbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Hi Ray,

Yes, I have used it. I was doing work at a customer who is a first class
tool freak and he had the latest from Makita. I used his Lithium Ion Makita
_impact_ with the _two_ LED lights and became lustful. When I first saw
Makita incorporate the lights into the tools, I thought it was some gimmick
to keep ahead of the competition. Not so anymore. For my aging eyes, I
almost always bring my battery powered Makita fluorescent lamp to the
jobsite basement (or a corded fluorescent lamp for longer jobs when AC is
available). (The 12 volt Makita fluorescent with the NiMH battery stays lit
for four hours and recharges in one.hour.) The two LED impact lit up with
just a touch (and release) on the trigger and stayed lit for several
seconds to pinpoint the socket/ drill bit etc. before actually pulling the
trigger to do some real work and keep the LEDs on.

The impact reportedly has three times the torque of the corresponding drill
driver.

A+ for performance, $3XX and a new set of (larger) dedicated batteries and
dedicated charger would cramp my already overloaded tool bucket.

Makita has among the best (if not the best) battery charging technology.
Rigid uses the Makita batteries in their plumbing press fitting tools.

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
314 631 1094

Message text written by INTERNET:RE-wrenches at topica.com

Ray Walters wrote

>>I'm about to bite the bullet and go for the Makita Lithium Ion battery
drill. Anybody running one?<

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php