[Spam] Thin Film taking over?, was RE: Ground Fault [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks bill at brooksolar.com
Mon Mar 20 16:20:23 PST 2006

Unlimited International Calls to Certain Counties with
Packet8. Our International VoIP Plans offer subscribers a
easier way to save on overseas calls. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexd4bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Matt,

It is really hard to believe that Shell would plan to move entirely into
thin films. They currently don't make very much thin film, so what would
they do? Ramping up thin film manufacturing to the tens of MW has proven
difficult at best. 100s of MW would be hard to imagine. I don't think we are
going to see the change you suggest in 5 years. Perhaps 10-20 years is a
better timeframe for thin films. The Japanese still have to perfect the
manufacturing for us. ;-) They are working on it, but they still have a ways
to go. Until then we will patiently await our crystalline modules.

Bill.

William,

So - did Shell abandon their plans to sell out their crystalline module
business and move entirely to thin film then? I know it was in the works
for a while. Virtually all thin film modules use MC connections and, if
you think MC's are a pain, just wait 'till amorphous becomes the norm!
All the big module companies are moving that way now it seems, including
Shell, BP, Sharp and anyone else that can afford the equipment to make
it. I bet that the solar industry is going to look quite different in
five years, including the methods available to make connections. Even if
I agree with you about J boxes.

Matt

Packet8 Digital Phones Service can save you up to
$999 annually on your phone bill! First Month Free!
Free Activation! Save $110 instantly. Wow. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexdPbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com