Utility Insurance for Grid Tie? [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks bill at brooksolar.com
Fri Mar 10 13:56:30 PST 2006

Small Business Virtual Office VoIP Phone System. Big
Business Functionality for a Small Business Telephone
price. Packet8 Business Sales 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexd2bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Travis and Bill,

The insurance provision below is fairly standard throughout the United
States. The intent is that existing homeowner's insurance policies would
suffice without any additional insurance (that is why it mentions existing
insurance). The key problem in the past has been the requirement for the
utility company to be listed as an additional insured. That is very
problematic for most standard homeowner insurance policies. However, it is
standard procedure for commercial policies that would cover commercial
generators.

I really need to know if this is a problem in Missouri. I am doing a seminar
on net metering and interconnection issues for Missouri at the end of March,
so I need to be up on any difficult issues. This does not seem like a real
problem, so I need to know more about this situation. Travis, you can
contact me off list.

What I want to nip in the bud is miscommunication about onerous utility
requirements. Having spent a major portion of my carrier clearing the way
for PV system in interconnection requirements, I've seen my share of
obfiscatory rule making. However, I have also seen the solar industry cry
foul over non-issues. We must choose our battles wisely.

Bill.