Outback MX60 question [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Wed Jan 4 15:16:59 PST 2006

<x-flowed>

Hi All;

Thanks Chris for actually considering reimbursing us for our time.
Outback is crossing the threshold from the infancy of solar towards a
more mature market. We will continue to support companies that support us.
Also, I have a possibly dumb technical question: Allan and several
others stated they were using the MX60 with 72 v arrays. I was under the
impression from previous discussions, that the Voc in very cold weather
could possibly exceed the MX60s  max rating and void the warranty. Am I
operating on old info? The last copy of the MX60 manual I have seems to
make it sound too iffy to try.
Also, how close are you to having a windows based interface for
programming the MX60 and FX inverters? The third party software I've
seen while having nice monitor and data logging features, doesn't allow
access to the advanced programming. I'd sure like to take my laptop out
and be able to check all settings on one screen, and have my own presets
that I just dump onto the inverters at setup. Am I still dreaming?

Ray Walters

>We all at OutBack appreciate the support and understanding nature of the
>wrench community.  We hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe holiday.
>
>Christopher
>
>Christopher Freitas
>OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
>cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
>www.outbackpower.com
>Arlington WA USA
>Tel 360 435 6030
>

>Allan Sindelar wrote:
>

>>Wrenches,
>>
>>An MX60 in a PS2 offgrid application (1900W 72V array into 48V battery)
>>failed and was reported by the customer. He saw blank screen and no
>>output;
>>
>>Thanks for any responses here.
>>Allan at Positive Energy

- - - -