Arc fault Breakers [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Dec 20 09:59:00 PST 2005

Hi Ray,

I thought they were for detecting short duration intermittent shorts that
don't have enough amps to trip the breaker but can still start fires.  Like
a loose wire on the outlet or slightly pinched wire inside the wall that
barely shorts when someone walks across the room or closes and opens the
door.  Is that about right?  We leave the wiring of the house up to the
residential electrician so I'm not familiar with them.

I can say that Outback inverters will provide a surge of 50 amps for about 5
seconds the go into "over current shut down".

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services