48 to 12 volt conversion [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 20:00:39 PST 2005

Hi all
I recieved a couple of off list responses, so I wanted
to clarify.  Also thanks Chris (see below)for the vote
of confidence.  The MX 60 does more than give 12 volts
from 48 volt supply, it is a charge controller, and
takes care of the 12 volt battery.  I have also tried
to use a 48 to 12 volt converter, with poor luck.  If
I used it with a battery  the battery was never
properly taken care of.  If I used without a battery I
would have problems with the CF lamps.

I have not had the high failure rate for CFs that is
mentioned, HOWEVer If the battery voltage gets low,
this seems to fail CF with a high rate.  Perhaps the
experiances related had to do with low battery
voltages.
Thanks Darryl

--- Christopher Freitas  --- OutBack Power