several questions on value and condition [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Wed Sep 28 06:14:41 PDT 2005

Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
http://click.topica.com/caad0PSbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nationwide Survey

Bob,

I ran SW4024 SN 045 1993 in my own home, no problems until last winter when
it failed (FET board). Replaced with one OB FX 2024.

I did a job in 1994 with two SW4024's (Trace SN's in the 500's) 120/240 volt
with a Kohler 10k diesel (no solar) off grid for a big house. Still working
fine (knocking on wood here), auto gen start not many problems over 11
years.

I have many other early SW's out there that are still working fine.

On the batteries you can try a De-Sulfating device, or do the EDTA
treatment.

Dave

<<I was just asked to price a power system that was never started. The
owner wants to sell it any suggestions on the value?

Trace 4024 S/N around #182 With a manufacture date 1st qtr of 97  How
did the early ones hold up? Seems I remember some kinks but it was a
long time ago.

4 sets of 3 - 2 volt industrial batteries (individual cells in a 3 cell
case) Dry charged, Still sealed and never filled. The only date I see is
1997 Any chance those are still good?

12 Solaria (sp) panels, about the size of a 75 watt siemens, was not
able to get on roof to get exact size. seems I remember some output
problems with some of these panels.

Vanner Voltmaster? 48 to 24 or vice versa, hard to read upside down on
my head......

All of this is unused and the owner wants to be rid of it all,

Thanks for the help,

Buying or Selling a Home? Get the Facts Before Buying or Selling!
Get a FREE Home Valuation TODAY!
http://click.topica.com/caadV2pbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Home Valuation

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php