Sunny Boy upgrade question [RE-wrenches]

David Katz david at aeesolar.com
Wed Aug 31 22:19:52 PDT 2005

Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadOvzbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nexiderm

Allan,
Another option would be to sell the 140 watt modules and buy 14 matched
modules.  Since modules are hard to get, it would be easy to sell them,
and they are probably worth more used now than they were new last year.
Cheers,
David

David Katz
President, AEE Solar
formerly Alternative Energy Engineering
1155 Redway Drive - Box 339
Redway, CA 95560 USA
Phone (707) 825-1200
Fax (707) 825-1202
email: david at aeesolar.com
web: www.aeesolar.com

Allan Sindelar wrote:

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Is your computer freezing up or slowing down?
>Repair corrupt files and harmful errors - protect your PC
>Take a 2-minute PC health check-up at no charge!
>http://click.topica.com/caadOuabz8QcsciHNopa/PC PowerScan
>
>Esteemed Wrenches,
>How would you solve this? Two years ago we installed a batteryless system
>with a Sunny Boy 1800 and seven BP SX140s, with racks in place for a second
>7-module array in the future, when the client could afford it. (This is the
>client that was featured in the RE Financing article in HP103:97, who
>financed his system through the Permaculture Credit Union.)
>
>He's ready to add the second row of seven modules now, and SX140s are no
>longer available. We can get 160s and 170s, I think. I would expect that as
>long as the MPP voltage is closely aligned (it's close but not perfect, 34V
>vs. 35 at mpp), and the cell type is similar (it is, polycrystalline), it
>should be OK to mix outputs, as the two strings are in parallel and combine
>prior to the inverter.
>
>Any thoughts on this are welcome.
>
>Allan at Positive Energy

Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
http://click.topica.com/caadOvHbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com