Solar irrigation [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 08:03:20 PDT 2005

HI Bill
Just some thoughts, First the energy to pump the water
is far far far larger than the energy to move the
pivot or the side-roll.  As I understand the side roll
Has the advantage that it does not require as much
pressure to pump the water.  (there is a slight
reduction of water required, but I don't think this
needs to be considered. If the customer wants to run
the water pump from solar-wind system, then the head
and flow are the requirements of interest.  Find the
well draw down (head) and add the side roll pressure
drop.  Using the flow and about 60% pump efficiency
you have the needed power.
Good Luck
Darryl