CAT-5 cable & electric conductors [RE-wrenches]

Brian Lamoreaux brian.lamoreaux at sunpowergeo.com
Tue Aug 30 11:24:33 PDT 2005

Hershey’s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate?
Take our Nationwide Chocolate Survey today!
Receive a FREE* $100 restaurant gift card of your choice or $100
worth Hershey’s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate for participating!
http://click.topica.com/caadOv3bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Chocolate Survey

Folks,
I am designing & will be building a system with a 100 foot aerial wire
run crossing a creek. I have a question about CAT-5 cable and electric
conductors. At my crossing there is a total of (5) current-carrying
conductors, (2) ground wires and (2) CAT-5 cables for the Fronius
monitoring systems. [(3) #2 conductors & ground will service a 3 phase
meter, and (2) #2 conductors & ground will service a single-phase
meter].

-What is the max distance that CAT-5 wire can run?

-Is there an outdoor-rated version of CAT-5 wire, or at least a
shielded, sunlight-resistant sheathing I could place my CAT-5 in for the
aerial crossing? (before & after-which I will place in its own conduit).

-If there is no such shielded sheathing, would it be safe to run the
CAT-5 around the conductors along the aerial crossing?

Thanks,
Brian Lamoreaux

Get $1000.00 Overnight! Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! Many Lenders are 100% Paperless!
Let The Wizard Find the right Lender for you!
http://click.topica.com/caadOutbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/911PaydayAdvance

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com