Need help with cheap MET tower, real soon [RE-wrenches]

Jim Martin bclark at solar-wind.us
Sun Jul 10 16:00:45 PDT 2005

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadHlxbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Daryl:

We recently erected a 72' tower using 4 lengths of chain link fence top rail
[1 1/2" (?) diameter].  We (3 of us) tilted it up using one length of top
rail.  Four guy points with four cables attached at each pipe joint by the
clamps that come with chain link fencing.  We used welded rings at these
clamps to attach the cable.  The cables are guyed at a 40 foot radius.

Bob Clark
SolarWind Energy Systems, LLC