Help w/large o-t-g inverter! [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 21:23:22 PDT 2005

Hello
I have a motor with 130 amps starting surge on the
grid, and I start this load with 4 outback VFX3648s.
I do not know the starting current with the outbacks
but I think it must be less.  The outback might sort
of soft start the motor.

Please note that not all motors are the same.  B type
induction motors start withcurrent and less torque
than say D type.  Submersible pumps have a higher
starting surge per hp than other motors.  Also
submersible motors have a bearing than must be
presurized very soon after start and therefore do not
like to be soft started.

Darryl