WX60 [RE-wrenches]

Hugh hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 14:37:23 PDT 2005

>Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
>Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
>here to get your 30-day free supply.
>http://click.topica.com/caadAclbz8QcschuSeua/Nexiderm
>
>>Anybody know when the Outback WX60 will be available and what will be the
>>anticipated advantage with say the AWP36 ??
>
>Good question. Don't know when, but it leads to another question.
>First the advantage, as I have been told, is that the controller will
>track the maximum power point of the turbine. Specifically, it will
>decrease the turbine voltage at lower wind speeds. By operating the
>turbine well above battery voltage the controller will usually be
>converting down to the battery voltage, but this means smaller wires from
>the tower to the controller,  optimized output at lower wind speed and a
>UL/CSA listed unit.
>
>The question: Can anybody provide me with Power vs. Voltage (or Current
>vs. Voltage) curves for a wind turbine at various wind speeds?
>
>Eric Smiley,  MASc
>Project Leader - Technology Centre
>British Columbia Institute of Technology

Current vs voltage should follow a roughly linear function, but it
depends on the wind turbine internal impedance.

There was some chat about this on
http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/awea-wind-home

--
Hugh

Scoraig Wind Electric
http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadAcrbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com