disco lug landing [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Tue Jun 14 06:48:11 PDT 2005

Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
http://click.topica.com/caadz4ebz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Marco,

The utility intertie will be feeding power back into the grid,
offsetting the loads, so rather than:
local loads + intertie current = total current from the grid through the
main circuit breaker, it is
local loads - intertie current = total current from the grid through the
main circuit breaker.

Connecting to the load side is the proper place.

Todd

Marco Mangelsdorf wrote:

>I've got a non-residential PV application where the only reasonable utility
>tie-in location is the existing 200A fused main service disconnect.  I'm
>going to use a 100A AC fused disconnect which will carry the combined output
>of several inverters.  The question is: where to land the output of the 100A
>inverters' disco--on the line or load side of the existing 200A main service
>disco?  'Seems to me it ought to be on the line side of the 200A disco since
>if it was on the load side, there would be the potential to feed 300A
>through load-side conductors that were spec'ed to carry only 200A.
>Following the tap rule in the NEC, which specifies the conductor size when
>making such a tap, I don't see any problem in tapping into the line
>side...unless I'm missing something...
>
>Marco Mangelsdorf
>President
>ProVision Technologies, Inc.
>69 Railroad Avenue, A-7
>Hilo, Hawai'i 96720
>(808) 969-3281, 934-7462 facsimile
>www.provisiontechnologies.com
>
>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
>reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
>http://click.topica.com/caadAckbz8QcsbAfWTrf/Nexiderm
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Todd Cory
KE6SXS
toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mt. Shasta Energy Services
License C-10 # 811428
P.O. Box 689
Mt. Shasta, CA. 96067
(530) 926-1079

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history.

There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are... a few... Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas.

Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1890-1969
   34th American President
   November 8th, 1954
   Excerpted from the Presidential Papers of Dwight D. Eisenhower:

Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
http://click.topica.com/caadzTWbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com