disco lug landing [RE-wrenches]

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Mon Jun 13 23:53:28 PDT 2005

Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadAclbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nexiderm

I've got a non-residential PV application where the only reasonable utility
tie-in location is the existing 200A fused main service disconnect.  I'm
going to use a 100A AC fused disconnect which will carry the combined output
of several inverters.  The question is: where to land the output of the 100A
inverters' disco--on the line or load side of the existing 200A main service
disco?  'Seems to me it ought to be on the line side of the 200A disco since
if it was on the load side, there would be the potential to feed 300A
through load-side conductors that were spec'ed to carry only 200A.
Following the tap rule in the NEC, which specifies the conductor size when
making such a tap, I don't see any problem in tapping into the line
side...unless I'm missing something...

Marco Mangelsdorf
President
ProVision Technologies, Inc.
69 Railroad Avenue, A-7
Hilo, Hawai'i 96720
(808) 969-3281, 934-7462 facsimile
www.provisiontechnologies.com

Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadAckbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com