C10 v 46 license [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks bill at brooksolar.com
Wed Jun 8 21:36:37 PDT 2005

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caadAcmbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Sharebuilder

Pat,

I agree that debating C10 v C46 is somewhat pointless and doesn't belong in
this forum. However, the California solar industry has a huge issue on the
table. The specific contractor licensing category for solar is currently
being left out of the most important piece of legislation to be considered
by the state to date. Clearly this version of the bill cannot logically make
it to the final version that passes, but it requires the solar industry to
make informed and solid suggestions that meet the interests of the Union
electricians and the solar industry. Otherwise the bill will go through and
the C46 contractors will be left out. We don't need to be fighting the union
lobby. They are very powerful and we are not necessarily on opposite sides
of the solar issue. They want a piece of the action and so do C46
contractors, so let's work it out. Fighting will end up with one side
losing, and if I were a betting man, I would put my money on the unions.

Bill.