solar panels wired wrong [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Jun 6 14:52:45 PDT 2005

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caadAcmbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Sharebuilder

>Hi All,
>
>I'm curious how many have found panels with wrongly connected MC cables.
>
>thanks,
>jay
>
>peltz   power

I also recently ran into a 5 watt module for a gate opener that was wired
wrong from the factory. I didn't provide the module, and it took a couple
of trips to figure it out. Turns out that the current being used by the
module in reverse was almost identical to its current output. I had not
paid attention to the direction my clamp on meter was facing, and since I
had never seen a module wired reverse from the factory, I didn't check it.

Still learning,

Ray Walters
ray at solarray.com
President, SolarRay, Inc.
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
BS Mechanical Engineering, UT Austin 88
Returned US Peace Corps Volunteer

Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caadAcqbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php