PV systems wired wrong [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Sun Jun 5 11:17:36 PDT 2005

Get $1,000 to spend on groceries
 any way you please. Click here!
http://click.topica.com/caadAcAbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/GrocerySpree

Hello y'All,
The following is from Larrry Burton the PV program manager at Nevada
Power. His observations point up Nevada Power's experience with licensed
electrical contractors who don't know PV methods. Proper Licensing is a
minimum criteria for performing the work, not the only one.

Recently, there have been numerous problems with the wiring and layout
of the meters and AC disconnect on several SolarGenerations projects.
 This week alone there have been several disconnects and/or REC meters
wired backward.  This causes a return trip for both the electrical
contractor and the Utility and delays the installation of the meter for
the customer.  If this continues the Utility may look at alternative
measures including the possibility of imposing a re-inspection fee.  Not
following the Utility Standards only delays the project and upsets the
customer.

Please refer to the Utility Standards on the web page under the
Contractor Corner should have questions on layout or wiring.  In
addition, we are developing a more detailed diagram for the meters and
disconnect for various voltages and should have these posted to the web
page in the next two weeks.  Download these drawings and go over them
with your field personnel.

As many of you know, we are making changes that will expedite the final
inspection and meter process.  But we need your help in solving these
problems so we all avoid making multiple trips.

Larry Burton
SolarGenerations
Net Metering Program Administrator
1-866-PV-NEVADA
(775) 834-3530 - Direct line
(775) 240-005

lburton at sppc.com <mailto:lburton at sppc.com>

--
Dean T. Newberry

http://www.TalbottSolar.com
Email:  deant at dcn.org

Cell:      530 867-2392
Fax:      530-758-8187

Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
http://click.topica.com/caadAcobz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com