solar tax legislation? [RE-wrenches]

Antony Tersol tony at appliedsolarenergy.com
Mon Jun 6 06:08:14 PDT 2005

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caadAcmbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Sharebuilder

Jeff Wolfe wrote:

What do Wrenches want? Should we support the bill regardless of what
else is in it in order to get the credit? Or should we strongly support
the credit, but be against the bill unless it does more good than harm?
(How we measure that is another story, but make believe we can).

  At this point, SEIA is for the bill, as it includes this provision. As
PV Chair, I'd like your thoughts and input.

 >> Thanks,
 >>
 >> Jeff
 >> Chair, PV Division, SEIA
 >> Global Resource Options, Inc.

I say "strongly support the credit, but be against the bill ... "

Last year, the renewable energy tax credits were moved into the Senate version
of tax legislation along with various tax benefits for the fossil fuels and
nuclear industries.  The bill passed the Senate, but in the House/Senate
conference to reconcile the versions passed, ALL the renewable and energy
efficiency tax credits were stripped out, while the fossil fuel subsidies
remained, as well as the infamous "ceiling fan" subsidies that reportedly only
benefited Walmart.

It is my belief that the renewable provisions in the energy bill are only there
as window dressing, to garner support from people and organizations who might
otherwise oppose the bill.  If they believe the bill can be passed without those
provisions, they will be stripped out before the bill is in it's final form.

Antony Tersol

Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadAckbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com