solar tax legislation? [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar bill_loesch at compuserve.com
Mon Jun 6 08:30:10 PDT 2005

Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
http://click.topica.com/caadzTWbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Jeff,

If we do not learn from history, then as the saying goes, we are doomed to
repeat it. Based on seeing a lot of 20 year old installations, not all were
done to exacting quality standards, and the industry _still_ suffers from
that debacle.

Similarly, we do not need to reinvent the wheel- simply look at how other
countries (where oil is _not_ subsidized) promote renewables. If we are
going to promote the industry rather than just get on the bandwagon to pad
our own pockets then the proper installation has to be a very high
priority.

Unless someone else can bring a better scheme to the table, I would like to
see _production_ based incentives. Keeps the installer honest and competent
and the user involved.

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar

Message text written by INTERNET:RE-wrenches at topica.com
>What do Wrenches want? Should we support the bill regardless of what
else is in it in order to get the credit? Or should we strongly support
the credit, but be against the bill unless it does more good than harm?
(How we measure that is another story, but make believe we can).

At this point, SEIA is for the bill, as it includes this provision. As
PV Chair, I'd like your thoughts and input.
<

Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
http://click.topica.com/caadAcobz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com