like, what's your phase? [RE-wrenches]

bbassett at rockisland.com bbassett at rockisland.com
Mon May 23 12:00:19 PDT 2005

Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadvf5bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nexiderm

I recently read in a Scientific American article that the original two
phase motor design was invented by none other than Tesla. No surprise
there.

Brad

Drake wrote:

> >Any of you guys have what you describe below in a graphic
> >representation?
> >
> >thanks,
> >marco
>
> The wave form is shown on Fig. 1-45, III of the American Electrician's
> Handbook.
>
> Drake
>

> >Hello Wrenches,
> >
> >Sorry to further bore you with this subject, that is of little practical
> >value, since two phase systems are not being specified for modern
> >installations.  But for the sake of accuracy, this follow up is
> >necessary
> >since I'd speculated that two phase systems give 2 maximum power peaks
> >in
> >the first 90 degrees, then none for 270.
> >
> >Thanks to Jeff Newmiller and Bill Brooks, we have a better picture of a
> >2
> >phase system.  The combination of two single phase sine waves give a two
> >phase motor 4 peaks every rotation, one every 90 degrees.  With 2 single
> >phase windings acting together, each winding gives a maximum power peak
> >every 180 degrees.  The two combined at 90 degrees apart produce a pulse
> >every 90 degrees.  One can see why this sequence would look attractive
> >early designers.
> >
> >I hope this is a better explanation.
> >

> >-Drake
> >
> >Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> >Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
> >Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
> >here to get your 30-day free supply.
> >http://click.topica.com/caadvf5bz8Qcscfm4Owf/Nexiderm
> >
> >- - - -
> >To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com
> >
> >Archive of previous messages:
> >http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
> >
> >List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
> >
> >Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
> >
> >Hosted by Home Power magazine
> >
> >Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caaduFNbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php