el sid question [RE-wrenches]

Kelly Keilwitz kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Mon May 16 10:23:16 PDT 2005

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadtaFbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Hi Todd & Jay,
Most of our SHW systems are oversized for peak summer, or have smaller
storage than ideal due to space limitations. We've been installing diversion
loops that engage at a tank hi-temp setting. The collector fluid is diverted
from the tank to soft copper in the crawlspace, PEX under (not in) a sunroom
slab, etc. In another system we're considering using a relay to actuate a
valve to dump domestic hot water to a rain barrel (emergency only).
-Kelly

Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.
Whidbey Sun & Wind
Renewable Energy Systems
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
987 Wanamaker Rd, Coupeville, WA 98239
Ph & Fax: 360.678.7131
sunwind at whidbeysunwind.com

> Hey Jay,
>
> Let me know when you get that one worked out.
>
> I oversized our system for our often too cloudy winter production, but
summers
> find me up on the roof covering one 4 X10 and part of the other one with
shade
> cloth. I am thinking a dump load is a better way to regulate temperature
than a
> mechanical covering which would likely get damaged in our winter snow.
>
> What do folks do to stop overheating of DHW systems in the summer?
>
> Todd
>

> "Jay Peltz, Peltz Power" wrote:
>
> > I'm still working on a automatic covering system that will shade the
> > panels when the tank gets hot enough.

Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadvf5bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php