Sanyo wire mgmt [RE-wrenches]

Kelly Keilwitz kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Wed May 11 09:11:19 PDT 2005

Save up to 75% on luxury bed & bath! Luxury sheets, duvets,
down comforters, plush towels & more woven from the finest
materials -- 400, 600, 1000 thread count & more from $29.99!
http://click.topica.com/caadt4Abz8Qcsbz9JC9a/SmartBargains

Hi Jeff

> When we are short of attachment points for module leads, we zip-tie
> them to the sold copper ground wire that is pulled taught between
> panels near the J-box level - it's as high as your gonna get off the
> roof short of drilling the panel frames which we never do for
> warranty purposes.

We usually run a stranded equipment ground and tuck it in the module frame
with the PV conductors, to keep things tidy. However, using a larger, solid,
ground conductor for support of the PV conductors to the rack structure is a
good idea. I notice that the grounding point for these modules is in the top
of the frame, near the MC connector box, so this could work well.
Thanks,
-Kelly

> >Wrenches,
> >We have 3 upcoming installations using Sanyo 190 modules, our first time
> >using this module. After looking at the module frame I'm wondering how to
> >secure the conductors under the module, without drilling into the frame.
Any
> >suggestions?
> >
> >For those of you who haven't seen 'em the back/inside of the frame is
smooth
> >and perpendicular to the plane of the glass/tedlar. There is a small
> >channel, opening skyward, on the outside of the frame, around the entire
> >perimeter of the module (for clamping the module down). The frame is
> >double-wall.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >-Kelly
> >
> >Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.
> >Whidbey Sun & Wind
> >Renewable Energy Systems
> >987 Wanamaker Rd, Coupeville, WA 98239
> >Ph & Fax: 360-678-7131
> >sunwind at whidbeysunwind.com
> >www.whidbeysunwind.com
> >NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
> >Renewable Energy Now!
> >
> >Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> >Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
> >Click here.
> >http://click.topica.com/caaduFNbz8Qcsa9hBZif/ProductTestPanel
> >
> >- - - -
> >To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com
> >
> >Archive of previous messages:
> >
> >List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
> >
> >Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
> >
> >Hosted by Home Power magazine
> >
> >Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Jeff Clearwater
> Village Power Design Associates
> Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village
> http://www.villagepower.com
> gosolar at villagepower.com
>
> 530-470-9166
> 877-SOLARVillage
> 877-765-2784
> 425 Nimrod St.
> Nevada City, CA 95959
> Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
> http://click.topica.com/caadtaHbz8Qcsa95IoOf/Amazing Computer
>
> - - - -
>
> Archive of previous messages:
>
> List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

> Hosted by Home Power magazine

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadtaFbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com