2 wire to 3 wire generator control [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 19:54:33 PDT 2005

Help us support US Troops – Just Register Here.
http://click.topica.com/caadtaMbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Permission Data

Thanks for all the help.  I returned to the customer
today and found the AC connection in the SW was loose
and had fallen out, and thus the starter problems.
Thanks for the right on help.
Darryl

--- Darryl Thayer <daryl_solar at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to ask a related question, how does the
> old SW do generator start?  Relay 7 is the run
> contacts and relay 8 is the crank contacts.  ( I
> think) How does the SW stop cranking when the
> generator starts?
>
> My repair customer has system with no diagrams done
> by
> a now disappeared solar installer on a stand alone
> system.
>
> When the generator is set for auto and the batteries
> get low, the generator cranks and starts.  The
> starter
> stay engaged for a while after the gen starts.  Then
> while running for a few minutes perhaps one minute
> the
> starter tries to restart the running engine?
>
> Help
> Darryl

Yahoo! Mail

Erase wrinkles without Botox!
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68%. Click
here to start looking younger today!
http://click.topica.com/caadslIbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php