Battery vs no Battery grid tie systems - efficiency[RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Mon Apr 18 18:44:46 PDT 2005

Personals at Meeting Friends Online.
Find your perfect partner...We’re here to help.
Click below to register for FREE and start connecting!
http://click.topica.com/caadmZ5bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MeetingFriendsOnline

Well - finally something I can provide some real info on from testing
I did first hand.

One quick correction though - the xantrex SW-plus does not offer grid
tie capability at this point.  I am not sure why this is as they are
very similar - so you are at this time stuck with the old SW inverter
with all of it issues on grid tie.

The testing we completed comparing a OutBack FX system to the SMA
SB2500U had around 5 percent less KWH in the summer to about 10
percent less in the winter than the batteryless SMA system.  This
seems reasonable as the losses are about the same year round but the
higher daily production reduces the loss percentage when the system
produces more power during the day.

The difference of the FX compared to the SW comes from lots of changes
in the way the batteries are handled as well as some product features.
Mostly - the FX uses zero watts AC at night while the SW system float
charges the battery all night from the grid - often using 50 watts or
more - up to a kilowatthour each night.  This makes a big difference
on the overall system production of a PV system.  There are other ways
we save power as well - I can go on and on.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com
Arlington WA USA
Tel 360 435 6030

Is your PC running at 100%? Check your PC's health in 2 minutes!
http://click.topica.com/caadlAsbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PC Health Check

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com