Sunny Boy 6000U [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Sun Apr 17 20:48:10 PDT 2005

Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt.  Click here to confirm
your address.
http://click.topica.com/caac48Tbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Marco,

I use the string sizing program under the Design Tools menu at
http://www.SMA-America.com/
or go directly to http://www.sma-america.com/stringsizing.html
Dig around in the program, and test different minimum and maximum
temperatures. The predicted outputs page has lots more info.
I include a print of the string sizing program as one of my submittals
to the building department, just to get it in the administrative record
in case there is any question about that part of my design.
Note: the SB6000 designs include 3 or more strings. If you are using
only two strings you don't need to fuse them. When you use 3 or more
strings you must fuse each string.
The inverter needs voltage to start, so a single string that is above
the minimum voltage will operate the inverter.
The smallest array would use small high voltage modules, try Evergreen
110-24 that would be 10 modules at 110W ea, or 1100W array.
Keep in mind that many modules get obsolete very quickly, so whatever
they pick may not be available when expanding the array, or replacing a
broken module.

cul  deant

cul  deant.

--