Testing modules (was tolerating 10% tolerance?) [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 6 17:44:37 PDT 2005

Personals at Meeting Friends Online.
Find your perfect partner...We’re here to help.
Click below to register for FREE and start connecting!
http://click.topica.com/caadmZ5bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MeetingFriendsOnline

Bill,

Some time after I quit Solec, Sanyo had a major recall. The Japanese government found 1000's of their modules with low output and forced them to replace the modules. The low output modules are on their building at Gufi on the Solar Arc. I wonder if they still feel shame when they walk under that solar array to go to work?

Your solar modules being 15% under spec and the way you were treated is another shame.

Honest ratings and independent testing will help, but what works best is the performance based incentive in Germany. Customers demand the highest kWh production and are getting it. Unfortunately, they are also getting almost all of the highest output modules.

Not only do Americans have to listen to the giant sucking sound of modules shipped to Germany. We also have to settle for lower quality panels so we can stay in business.

Joel Davidson