Low Profile High Voltage Disconnect Switches [RE-wrenches]

Ryan Mayfield ryan at energyoutfitters.com
Fri Apr 1 08:45:29 PST 2005

Investigate just about anyone and anything with Web Detective!
http://click.topica.com/caadlCmbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Web Detective

I agree that the PSPV could be a nice solution for this application.
Just be aware that the fuses are not rated as a load break device.
Therefore, if you need the ability to disconnect the array under load
this isn't the correct solution. I don't know of any NEMA 4 600VDC
disconnects out there though.

On the subject of Square D DC disconnects, I spoke with a Square D
engineer yesterday and he informed me that Square D has relisted their
H362 (60A) and H363 (100A), both fused and unfused, in the same way
their 30A disconnect is listed. Now each pole is listed to handle up to
600VDC at the higher current levels. I have a bulletin issued by Square
D that I can send along if anyone is interested, please contact me off
list.

Ryan Mayfield
Energy Outfitters

Wrenches,

We have a new construction PV project on a college dormitory roof that
came our way from the architects.
Part of our challenge is to make this job as aesthetically pleasing
while complying with the city's requirement for a roof mounted DC
disconnect.

I'm seeking recommendations for low-profile 600 volt discos.  The Square
D Nema 3R switch is a bit obtrusive.  Does anyone make a Nema 4 disco?
I appreciate any advice you can give.

Cheers,

Jerry Caldwell
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Light Energy Systems
965 Detroit Ave
Concord, CA 94518

925-680-4343 office
510-205-2798 mobile

Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to find out
how.
http://click.topica.com/caadlpcbz8Qcsa92fAQf/Consumer Research

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

Archive of previous messages:

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

Is your PC running slow? Try a FREE PC Health Check today!
http://click.topica.com/caadlCkbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PC Health Check

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com