Solar Death Ray [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Mar 24 14:21:04 PST 2005

Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to start your free trial today.
http://click.topica.com/caadfBNbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nexiderm

Hey Mark;

I've got a little presentation I do for kids classes sometimes. I use a
parabolic reflector to set a 2x4 on fire, it definitely gets the point
across. I thought I should warn you: kids that age will probably try and
remove your box and stick their face in the focal point to "see" how it
works. Always better to warn them before hand.
Wasn't another wrench talking about using multiple mirrors aimed at a
"Target" kid for their demo? ......We Solar Dads can really get carried
away.....

Ray

>The most important thing on an installation such as this is to install a
>separate grounding electrode conductor and grounding equipment conductor.
>
>My 5th grade son recently got an assignment to make a solar reflector in a
>shoe box.  We decided that just wasn't big enough so we made a parabolic
>reflector about 4 ft in diameter using cardboard ribs cut in a parabolic
>shape, aluminum foil as a reflector, and a clear plastic box at the focal
>point.  That thing got seriously hot in no time.
>
>Mark
>Cobalt Power

Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMmbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Amazing Computer

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com