E-Meter [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Thu Mar 24 07:32:11 PST 2005

2-Day Tax Refund Loans TaxBrain Online Tax Service Get Started
Now!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMnbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/TaxBrain

Drake,
#5 could go there for sure, but it needs to be fused. OB sells a 1A
CB for this purpose or you could fake it with an in-line 1-2A fuse
and holder. Probably not UL, but it works fine. #4 is a voltage
sensing input. The Link (I still call 'em E-meters too) uses that
input in it's calculations rather than #5 which is carrying the meter
amperage draw. Normally it wants to be right smack dab on the major
positive battery terminal for best accuracy. Assuming good
connections, the right inverter/battery cable size, and the cables
aren't overly long, it shouldn't make enough difference to matter if
it goes to the positive buss in the OB can as well. It too, BTW needs
to be fused.
Cheers, bob-O

>The manual shows leads 4 & 5 connecting to the positive terminal in
>the battery compartment. Is there any reason that those leads
>couldn't go to the positive bar in the Outback box?
>
>Best,
>
>Drake

Sign up today for a No Annual Fee Discover® Platinum Card and get…
0% Intro APR on Purchases & Balance Transfers for 8 Months, Up to
2% Cashback Bonus® reward on your purchases & 100% fraud
protection.
http://click.topica.com/caadfzUbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/DiscoverCard

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php