Pressure Treated Ground Mounts [RE-wrenches]

Doug Wells dwells at solar-works.com
Mon Mar 21 07:28:07 PST 2005

Get a FREE* 5 Megapixel Digital Camera - yours to keep!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMobz8Qcsbz9JC9a/5 Megapixel Digital Camera Promotion

Jeff,
We use 6x6's.  Post Caps hold it together.  They sometimes need a little
attention to ensure that they are flush on the posts.  We use screws mostly,
galvanized to avoid rust streaks.  We go at least 48" up here.  Sometimes
into tubes, sometimes into sand depending on the location.  Always used as a
base for other mounting, i.e., solar mount with legs.
Downside:
Warping can cause you efforts at perfection to be in vain.
Had a client intervene the first day of install and request something more
environmentally friendly due to proximity of gardens.
Murphy speaking up and always having the fourth post hit a very large rock.
Doug Wells
Solar Works Inc.
800-339-7804 ex. 305
www.solar-works.com