Grounding conductor [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Fri Mar 18 15:52:15 PST 2005

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMjbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Kurt,

There are two types of grounding conductors: (1)equipment grounding
conductors; and, (2) grounding electrode conductors. I assume you are asking
about the latter.

250.166 says that it shall be no smaller than 8AWG, but it also says that it
shall be no larger than... and then goes into details about ground rods,
concrete encased, and ground grids. Short answer is that normally it will
not be greater than 4AWG unless you have a ground grid.

Bill.